THE AIMS OF THE SHORT TERM THEOLOGICAL
The STTTC is not merely a rite of passage for the adolescents of our church.
It is designed with the aims of:
- Drawing student into a closer relationship with God especially through fasting prayers.
- Enabling the students to understand the sound patterns of truth and the preciousness of salvation.
- Helping the students to build up character and integrity.
- Helping students to apply the word of God in a practical way.
- Training up young people as future workers of the church.
To achieve these aims, the running of the STTTC is intensive, with emphasis on fasting prayer, learning of God’s word and firm discipline in an environment of spiritual fellowship and support. Field or practical sessions will be included.
We do strongly recommend that you think about what your aims are before you sign up for the STTTC so that you come prepared in body and spirit, humbly accepting instruction, counselling and when necessary, discipline.
Please discuss these aims with your parents as the greatest effect of the STTTC comes about with parental cooperation.
All those registering whose age will be under 16 on the 22nd December 2019 will be required to get their parents to fill up a “medical and consent” form. Unless this form is filled and submitted together with the online application, the ETD will not be able to register this category of applicants. This measure is necessary in view of the increasingly stringent levels of child protection.
Although a great amount of financial and human resources have been used on past STTTCs, the institution of the STTTC has palpably and perceptibly contributed toward the stability of the churches in Australia through the training of young people.
THE AIMS OF THE NATIONAL
WORKING YOUTHS SEMINAR (NWYS)
The ACB consciously plans and prepares for a smooth and edifying succession in the divine work.
The design of NWYS is with these aims:
Since its inception, participants have themselves contributed through the running of workshops. Deeper study of Scriptures in the form of systematic theology will continue. Opportunities to journey deeper into the mysteries and wonder of God’s Word do not always present themselves and one should not carelessly allow them to pass by.
- Enabling the participants to receive the baton in divine work and commission.
- Helping participants in the practical applications of the truth in the areas of work, family, church and community.
- Time off for self-examination and spiritual renewal.
- To provide basic training in “specialised areas” - literary ministry, voluntary work in newly pioneered areas, counselling and Systematic Theology.
- Providing assistance and support to the STTTC.
The ETD will continue to provide training for counsellors during this NWYS. Trainee counsellors who attended the training last year will continue to attend the meeting.
It is the expectation on part of the ACB that participants of the NWYS aspire to nobler heights and commitment to work in God’s field.
Application and registration
- Those applying as members of local churches of the True Jesus Church Australia Coordination Board should refer to the ACB letter circulated to all Australian churches for instructions concerning online registration.
- Those applying as members of the New Zealand churches should refer to the ACB letter sent to the NZ churches for instructions concerning registration via your local church council. Please do not register online.
- Those applying from any other country outside of Australia and New Zealand should write directly to the Education and Training Office of the Australia Coordination Board at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The “medical and consent form” as provided on the website must be completed by parents of those who will be under 16 on 22nd December 2019 and submitted online
The deadline for online applications is 25th August 2019. Please do not book your air tickets until you obtain the approval from your local church council and the Education and Training Office of the Australia Coordination Board.
THE GREAT COMMISSION
Finally, none of us should ever lose sight of the big picture God has given to us; which is the very reason for the existence of the church and even that of our own – to the service and glory of God.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
(Matt 28: 19 – 20)
"Feed my lambs." (John 21: 15 – 17)
“The gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations and then the end will come” (Matt 24:14)
Brethren – we have much work to do. The proclamation of the gospel and the command to pastor to those who receive it with gladness is the work of the kingdom which having come and is still yet to come. The church, all of us, have received this sacred deposit, the commission to be witnesses and the custodians of the kingdom.
Our Lord and God is worthy of glory, honour and power!